To make your trip more adventurous and safe, do follow certain safety guidelines and tips mentioned below:-
- Before heading for your adventure trekking trip, do study weather forecast of that area. Newbies should always carry a raincoat or windsheeter with them. Climate can change frequently in several trekking points.
- Do carry multi-pocket carry bag engrafted with zipper closure and cushioned shoulder straps, especially for trekking trips. The bag should be spacious enough to carry all the important trekking essentials while trekking.
- Must keep a lighter, Swiss army knife, space blanket, water bottle and winter attire in your carry bag or pocket before heading for trekking.
- To prevent insect bite, do wear full sleeves shirts and full pants.
- Do carry sleeping bag and trekking rope of about 50 meters of length with you.
- A direction compass and topographical map is must while trekking in mountains.
- An ice cutting axe should always be carried if heading into snowy terrain.
- If suffering from any kind of ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
- Always wear proper trekking shoes while trekking. Uncomfortable pair of shoes can harshly hurt your feet and can lead to serious foot injuries while trekking. Therefore do spend some time to arrange proper and comfortable trekking shoes before heading for trekking tour.
- Choose those trekking shoes that are a half-size bigger than your regular shoes to allow space for some swelling caused while trekking and to hold heavier trekking socks.
- Do carry food items which carry larger amount of carbohydrates.
- Always take important medicine and first aid box with you.
- Do always cover your neck area, particularly in frequently changing weather .It can lead to serious neck problems and pains if left uncovered.
- Do wear thick woolen socks or stockings while trekking. Synthetic blended socks can be used for trekking purpose, as these are specially designed to preclude feet moisture.
- Try to walk in proper breaks and intervals. Never rush continuously to reach the peak level. Take a tea or snacks break every one or two hours. These small breaks will refresh you a lot and could recharge your energy to start afresh.
HIKING WITH KIDS
If you are taking your young ones along with you for hiking then do keep in mind certain basic tips:-
- Rethink whether your kids can handle it.
- Carry loads of snacks and drinking water for your kids while hiking.
- Make sure that your kids rest properly at equal intervals. Never keep a tight and busy hiking schedule. Don’t rush through end to complete the whole hiking task.
- Do carry tissues and toilet paper for wiping and cleaning purposes.
- Always maintain excitement and cheer amongst kids. Boredom and dullness can irritate kids and make them cranky while hiking.
- Add a goal or purpose to the hike. Make you kids count the animals, flowers or birds while going up. This will make them busy while hiking.
- Kids love to click snaps. If possible, let them handle the photography part.
- Try to be patient and share your knowledge and experiences with them while being on camping. Make them aware of natural surroundings.
- Teach your kids how to set up a tent while being on a camping trip.
- Take along few games to play.
- Plan several fun activities to avoid boredom and to make your trip unforgettable.
- Teach them how to respect nature and save environment.
- Do go for small route hiking with your kids.
- Light a born fire to have fun and enjoyment.
- Do carry extra clothing and shoes for your kids. Never forget to take insect repellent and first aid box for emergencies.