About this Policy
Who is Snowland?
We are a Pakistan based adventure travel company. Our Services also include destination management, hotel booking and car rentals.
For the purposes of relevant data protection laws , the snowland treks and tours entity with whom you contract will be the primary controller of your personal data (for example, if you are a visitor to our website and sign up to purchase one of our trips, the snowland treks and tours entity operating the relevant website or trip; or you are a supplier or travel agent, the snowland entity to whom you provide services).
What Information do we collect about you?
Making an Enquiry or Booking a Trip
We will collect certain information from you when you make an enquiry or book a trip with us. Depending on your interaction with us and what products and services you use, typically we collect the following personal information:
- your full name, date of birth, gender (i.e. male/female/other), title, postal address, phone number, email address, next of kin, dietary requirements, height and weight, travel insurance details, passport details (including nationality and city of birth), passport scan, visa application, visa page scan;
- we may also ask for medical / health information, such as pre-existing medical conditions, vaccination status, if you have a disability, medication that requires refrigeration, food allergies etc., some of which is considered sensitive information or special category data under relevant data protection laws; and
- any additional information you provide during the booking process to check if a trip is right for you, which may include personal information.
We also process and store records of the products and services you have enquired about or purchased from us, as well as collect and process information relevant to your booking (such as flights and accommodation details) that you have not booked through Snowland, where this information has been passed to us by our partners and/or third parties.
We also collect your technical identity data (including IP addresses, browser type and versions, other technology on the device that you use to access our websites, some of which is collected automatically), as well as information about your usage of our websites as you and others browse our websites (see our separate “Cookies” policy for more information).
Travel providers (e.g. accommodation, hotel, transport and other similar local providers (Travel Providers) may also share personal information about you with snowland, for example, to ensure fulfillment of your travel reservation, if you have support questions about a tour or trip booked, or if any complaints or disputes arising about your reservation.
Through your user preferences on your Snowland booking account, if you link you Snowland user account to a social media account (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) you may exchange information between us and that social media provider – though you can at all times choose not to share that data through the user preferences on your account.
Photo and Video
Marketing and Other Interactions
- when you subscribe to the newsletter, we will collect your full name, country and email address
- via our preference centre, we will collect your phone number, date of birth, postcode/zip code, residential state and your travel preferences
- if you request a brochure, we will collect your full name and postal address
- if you enter a competition directly with Snowland, or via one of snowland’s external partners, or click through on an Snowland advertisement, we may collect your full name, country, zip code, email address and phone number, as well as your travel preferences.
- when you click on an Snowland advertisement via a third party, some of this information may pre-populate from an account you may have with that third party.
We may contact you to seek your interest in taking part in research projects, surveys feedbacks and interviews. This may include contacting you with a post-booking or post-trip feedback survey and asking to provide a score and comment on your experience.
As part of this contact, we may collect your full name, email address, booking number and departure code. You will be asked to provide a score and comment on your trip experience. This information will be linked to any comments you make about your trip.
Where you have provided the relevant details, we may also contact you in response to your feedback to discuss your comments.
Why do we collect your information?
- Provide you with our and our partner travel products and services, administer your reservations and tours, manage your booking, and generally administer and manage our customer relationship with you;
- If you are a business partner, supplier or agents, to manage our business relationship with you;
- Contact you and process your communications with us, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important, or invite you to complete a booking (e.g. if started but not finished a tour reservation online);
- Generally improve our products and services and your user experience with us ;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- carry out our marketing activities, including identify and tell you about other travel related products or services that we think may be of interest to you, process feedback forms and other similar communications.
Making an Enquiry or Booking a Trip
We use your personal information to arrange and provide you with the products and services you have requested and booked. This includes booking any flights, transportation, accommodation and activities. The following will provide more insight into these purposes:
- Your personal information will be used by our group leaders to identify you and ensure your safety during the trip.
- Depending on your destination and services being booked for you, we may be required by the supplier to provide certain types of personal information in order to secure the booking. We may also be legally required by local laws and governments to provide travel documentation such as passport details or a passport scan.
- Your contact details will be collected in order to manage our relationship with you, including updates about your booking, providing relevant information and any applicable tickets, handling feedback and complaints, and to contact you in the event of an emergency.
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive information, to insurance providers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- Where permitted by law, where it is in your vital interest or you provide your consent to do so, your medical/health information may be shared to ensure that we understand any specific needs you may have, before and during your trip. Any pre-existing medical conditions could impact your enjoyment of the trip, and by informing us of any conditions, issues or limitations, we can ensure that Intrepid is better prepared to assist if required.
Other than where it is in your vital interests or required by relevant laws, medical/health information can only be used by Intrepid with your consent. This is because medical/health information is considered sensitive and by consenting, you are showing us that you understand and agree to us processing this information. Providing medical/health information and consenting to its use by Intrepid is optional, however, it is highly recommended that information be provided (including if requested) for your safety and wellbeing.
Photo and Video
Taking a photo or video is something many people love to do, especially as a way to capture special moments. This is likely to be the reason why you may be included in visual media taken on your trip. On occasion, visual media captured by Intrepid group leaders and employees are so good our Studio team may wish to use them in our brochures or on our website for promotional purposes. There may also be a professional photographer scheduled on your trip for the purpose of taking promotional images. In these cases, a consent and waiver form will be provided to you You do not have to sign this consent or waiver form and providing such information is entirely voluntary. We will respect your privacy and your preferences when processing any personal information collected using visual media.
Marketing and Other Interactions
- to identify and tell you about Snowland products and services we think you may be interested in
- to offer you deals on partner products and services
- to tell you about trip deals, discounts and promotions
- to administer promotions, feedback surveys and the like;
- to enrol you for Insiders, our email communication for customers who have travelled with us at least once, which will tell you about discounts, competitions and new trips. Please see more information on Insiders here.
We conduct research and analyse your information, including feedback and comments, to help us improve our products and services and to enhance your customer experience, including customising online content, and to improve your booking and website experience. We also look for trends and future destinations and itinerary opportunities.
We may use your de-identified data for internal reporting (i.e. if a partnership was successful), creating new marketing strategies and to identify trends.
We may contact you to seek your interest in taking part in research projects, surveys and interviews. These interactions are designed to help us gain insight and understand certain things such as how to improve the services we provide, help us to understand our customers’ needs and expectations, what media they consume, what their concerns are, why do they travel, etc. Your information and details from our research activities may be stored or kept on file for future reference if relevant and will be de-identified where possible.